Project Duration: May 2021 – May 2023
Project Number: 624643-EPP-1-2020-1-PL-EPPKA3-EU-YTH-TOG
The main objective project ‘’SMART-Y: Youth Together for Green and Sustainable European smart villages’’ was the creation, development and stabilization of a network of like-minded youth organizations from across Europe, active at the grassroots level, with the ambition to engage, connect and empower vulnerable young people to build a society in which all young people (aged between 18-30 years old), especially those in rural areas, become environmentally active, educated and able to make a difference, contributing to European Youth Goal 10: Sustainable Green Europe, by suggesting their own solutions to existing problems connected to sustainability but also by developing a prototype for these ideas.
The project’s main outcomes were the following:
- The Train the Trainers Toolkit, which compiles the methodology and didactic material to implement living labs, virtual hackathons and Idea development and prototyping workshops.
- Compendium of Prototyping Ideas, which contains the youth’s business project proposals developed in this project during the various learning activities (e.g., local living labs, virtual hackathon, etc.).
- A Policy Roadmap, available in both electronic and paper format, containing general EU-level recommendations as well as specific ones addressed to particular countries.
The project consortium includes nine partners from nine different countries, as follows:
Active Women Association (AWA) – Poland
- Centro italiano per l’apprendimento Permanente (CIAPE) – Italy
- STEP Inštitut, zavod za psihologijo dela in podjetništvo (STEP) – Slovenia
- Asociación Amigos de Europa Leonardo da Vinci (AELV) – Spain
- Asociatia GEYC – Romania United Societies of Balkans (USB) – Greece
- Innovative Education Centre (IEC) – Austria
- Youthfully Yours – Slovakia
- Volda University College (VUC) – Norway
- Cyprus Youth Council (CYC) – Cyprus
More information about the project activities and outcomes is available on the project website: https://smart-y.eu/home/