Projects Officer Vacancy
The Cyprus Youth Council (CYC) is seeking to recruit a full-time position for the post of the “Projects Officer” with a fixed-term contract, to contribute to its work, including the activities concerning the European Year of Youth.
The successful candidate will be based at the offices of the CYC in Nicosia and she/he will be responsible for the management and implementation of the CYC’s action plan in the framework of the European Year of Youth, and other CYC’s projects. The Project Officer will be directly accountable to the Secretary General and to the Volunteer-led Board of the Cyprus Youth Council.
The Cyprus Youth Council & the European Year of Youth
The Cyprus Youth Council (CYC) was established in 1996 and it is the only platform that represents Youth Organisations in Cyprus. It acts as their coordinating body with the state and as a representative at European and International fora.
CYC’s members include the majority of political youth organizations, students’ organizations, labour organizations, civil society organizations, farmers’ organizations, Turkish-Cypriot organizations, religious minorities, and many other youth organizations representing a broad spectrum of interests including social, human rights and environmental issues.
2022 is the European Year of Youth, highlighting the importance of European youth in building a better future – more green, more inclusive, and digital. It is an opportunity to raise the voice of the youth of Cyprus and Europe, through innovative and smart actions! #EuropeanYearOfYouth
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Manages CYC’s activities and action plan in the context of the European Year of Youth.
- In collaboration with the Secretariat of CYC (Program Officer and Secretary General) designs, develops, and manages youth programs (Erasmus+, other EU-funded programs and actions or programs funded by the Cyprus Youth Organisation) for CYC.
- Represents the CYC at conferences and events abroad related to the programs they manage or any other project (availability for frequent travels abroad required).
- Organises, conducts, and participates in international meetings and programs in the context of the European Year of Youth and/ or other projects of the CYC when deemed necessary.
- Travels frequently in urban and rural areas in Cyprus for the purpose of the implementation of the annual action plan of the European Year of Youth, and/or for the purpose of other projects.
- Monitors, reports, informs and can present the youth policy trends in Cyprus and in the EU to all relevant stakeholders (young people, youth organizations, European Youth Forum etc.).
- They are the Liaison between the stakeholders which take part in actions and/or programs of CYC at local, national, and international level (e.g., local Youth Councils, Cyprus Youth Board, European Youth Forum etc.).
- Contributes to the organisation of activities (live and online) in the context of the European Year of Youth and/or other programs.
- Carries out research and draft reports for CYC.
- Drafts and publishes related articles about CYC’s projects.
- Drafts and publishes related newsletters/articles in the context of the European Year of Youth.
- Performs any other duties that could be assigned to them in the context of their duties concerning CYC.
- University degree or equivalent recognized title (according to KY.S.A.T.S.) in any field. A university degree or equivalent recognized title in a field related to Humanities, Social Sciences and Education will be considered an advantage.
- A master’s degree or equivalent recognised title (according to KY.S.A.T.S.) in any relevant field of studies, obtained after studies lasting at least one academic year, will be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Greek language – written and oral (relevant proof will be requested from the candidates for the position during the interviews).
- Excellent knowledge of English language – written and oral (relevant proof will be requested from the candidates for the position during the interviews).
- Very Good of any other EU language or/and Turkish language – written and oral – will be considered as an additional qualification (relevant proof will be requested from the candidates for the position during the interviews).
- Excellent knowledge of ICTs skills (MS Office).
- At least one-year experience in writing and/or managing European funded programmes is a prerequisite. Additional experience will be considered an advantage. Relevant experience in youth organizations will also be considered as an advantage.
- Availability for representation of CYC at live conferences and events abroad.
- Integrity of character, confidentiality, initiative, responsibility, ability to cooperate and communicate, sensitivity in matters of youth, public relations, and international cooperation.
- Negotiations and problem-solving skills and to be able to work under pressure.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule. It is clarified that the total working hours will not exceed the maximum, as provided by the Laws of the Republic of Cyprus and the EU regulations.
- The contract will be full time and lasting 12 months with the possibility of renewal (for another one (1) or two (2) years).
- The YEARLY gross salary for the “Projects Officer” position amounts between €17,500 – €18,200.
- Annual leave: 21 days of paid leave.
Applicants must submit:
- A CV
- A cover letter expressing their interest and suitability for the role.
- A copy of the certificate(s) for the qualifications mentioned in their CV.
The application can either be submitted in English or Greek and it must be submitted via email at email@example.com no later than the 11th of March 2022 (23:59 – Cyprus Local Time). Please include in the subject of the email the title “Projects Officer for the Cyprus Youth Council”.
Late applications will not be considered.
Due to the high number of applications usually received, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. If you do not receive any reply to your application by the 31st of March it means your application was not successful.
Candidates who will be selected for the next stage of the process will be asked to answer a questionnaire related to the responsibilities of the position and then will be invited for a personal interview. The interviews will be conducted in compliance with current state ordinances and protocols regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
The person selected for the position of the Program Officer must provide a clear criminal record certificate.
The Cyprus Youth Council is committed to ensuring that no candidate for the position is treated differently because of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or chronic illness. Applicants are kindly requested to avoid any telephone contact, except for clarifications regarding this notice, which should preferably be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with notification to the email address to email@example.com.