Communications Officer Vacancy
The Cyprus Youth Council announces one (1) full-time position for a “Communication Officer” with a fixed-term contract, to contribute to the development and implementation of the communication strategy of the CYC.
The successful candidate will be based at the offices of the CYC in Nicosia and they will be responsible for all communication issues of the CYC. The Communication Officer will be directly accountable to the Secretary General and to the Volunteer-led Board of the Cyprus Youth Council.
The Cyprus Youth Council
The Cyprus Youth Council (CYC) was established in 1996 and it is the only platform that represents Youth Organisations in Cyprus. It acts as their coordinating body with the state and as a representative at European and International fora.
CYC’s members include the majority of political youth organizations, students’ organizations, labour organizations, civil society organizations, farmers’ organizations, Turkish-Cypriot organizations, religious minorities, and many other youth organizations representing a broad spectrum of interests including social, human rights and environmental issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COMMUNICATION OFFICER:
- Daily monitoring, information, promotion, and monthly analysis of the website (www.cyc.org.cy) and Social Media Networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) of the CYC,
- Updating of the websites of the CYC (CYC, European Youth Dialogue) www.sdcyprus.eu & Youth Parliament of Cyprus www.voulineon.com),
- Creation of content and updating all pages of the CYC on social media and of the pages that CYC handles as a partner organisation in different projects,
- Drafting of press releases, articles related to issues of CYC and other current affairs (mainly youth related issues),
- Creation of audio-visual content (images, videos), for the promotion of the CYC, regarding issues of the CYC and News (mainly youth issues),
- Development of the monthly newsletter of the CYC,
- Communication with journalists/mass media to ensure coverage/promotion of events, campaigns, and other actions of the CYC,
- Communication with associates of the CYC. (e.g., government services, semi-governmental organizations, other bodies, member organizations of the CYC),
- Providing support and information to the Member Organizations of CYC (e.g., requests, development of collaborations, etc.),
- Monitoring and informing all stakeholders on the trends of youth policy in the EU (e.g., young people, youth organizations, European Youth Forum),
- Development, support, and implementation of the campaigns of SYNK (European and international campaigns for youth issues),
- Representation of the Cyprus Youth Council both in Cyprus and abroad,
- Monitoring and support regarding the organization of live events and activities undertaken by CYC (e.g., graphic design, promotion / communication, physical presence),
- Monitoring and support regarding the organization of online events and activities undertaken by CYC (e.g., graphic design, promotion / communication, presence),
- Development of collaborations and activities for issues that fall on the agenda of the respective Board of Directors of CYC,
- Conducting surveys and reports,
- Translation of texts of the CYC (from English to Greek and /or Turkish, where possible, and vice versa),
- Promotion of the vision and the goals of CYC,
- Provision of administrative support for the smooth operation of the CYC,
- Contribution to the effective organization of the administrative support and management of the programs undertaken by the CYC,
- Perform any other relevant tasks and / or responsibilities assigned to them.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- University degree or equivalent recognized title (according to KY.S.A.T.S.) in any field. A university degree or equivalent recognized title in a field related to Communication, Marketing or Public Relations will be considered an advantage.
- A master’s degree or equivalent recognised title (according to KY.S.A.T.S.) in Audio-visual Communication and/or in the aforementioned fields, obtained after studies lasting at least one academic year, will be considered as an advantage.
- Professional experience in the field of Communication (traditional and / or digital) in Cyprus or abroad, will be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of specialized audio-visual production programs (Adobe Creative Suite, basic programs Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of specialized software for organizing and handling online events and workshops will be considered an advantage (Zoom, Teams, Padlet, Google Suite, Webex, etc.).
- Basic Knowledge of WordPress and/or Wix.
- Excellent knowledge of Greek language – written and oral (relevant proof will be requested from the candidates for the position during the interviews).
- Excellent knowledge of English language – written and oral (relevant proof will be requested from the candidates for the position during the interviews).
- Very Good of any other EU language or/and Turkish language – written and oral – will be considered as an additional qualification (relevant proof will be requested from the candidates for the position during the interviews).
- Knowledge in matters of organization and management of office operation. Relevant experience in youth organizations will be considered as an advantage.
- Availability for representation of CYC at live conferences and events abroad.
- Integrity of character, confidentiality, initiative, responsibility, ability to cooperate and communicate, sensitivity in matters of youth, public relations, and international cooperation.
- Negotiations and problem-solving skills and to be able to work under pressure.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule. It is clarified that the total working hours will not exceed the maximum, as provided by the Laws of the Republic of Cyprus and the EU regulations.
- The contract will be full time and lasting 12 months with the possibility of renewal (for another one (1) or two (2) years).
- The YEARLY gross salary for the “Communication Officer” position amounts between €16,000 – €17,500.
- Annual leave: 21 days of paid leave.
Applicants must submit:
- A CV
- A cover letter expressing their interest and suitability for the role.
- A copy of the certificate(s) for the qualifications mentioned in their CV.
The application can either be submitted in English or Greek and it must be submitted via email at email@example.com no later than the 11th of March 2022 (23:59 – Cyprus Local Time). Please include in the subject of the email the title “Communications Officer at the Cyprus Youth Council”.
Late applications will not be considered.
Due to the high number of applications usually received, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. If you do not receive any reply to your application by the 31st of March it means your application was not successful.
Candidates who will be selected for the next stage of the process will be asked to answer a questionnaire related to the responsibilities of the position and then will be invited for a personal interview. The interviews will be conducted in compliance with current state ordinances and protocols regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
The person selected for the position of the Communications Officer must provide a clear criminal record certificate.
The Cyprus Youth Council is committed to ensuring that no candidate for the position is treated differently because of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or chronic illness. Applicants are kindly requested to avoid any telephone contact, except for clarifications regarding this notice, which should preferably be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with notification to the email address to email@example.com.