The Cyprus Youth Council (CYC) announces a new call for membership in its Non Formal Learning (NFL) Pool of Trainers (PoT). Interested applicants are asked to fill the electronic form here.
Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, 26 February 2020. Following review of applications you may be invited to a personal meeting.
The CYC NFL PoT is mainly comprised by youth trainers from the CYC member-organisations, without a priori excluding applications from other experienced trainers.
The members of the CYC NFL PoT are qualified in the application of Non-Formal Education/ Learning (NFL), utilised by Youth Non-Governmental Organisations (YNGOs). The trainers work with topics, such as: social inclusion; active citizenship; diversity; sports; entrepreneurship; volunteering; global education; sexual orientation; leadership; human rights; peace; environment; sustainable development; interculturality; youth capacity building; youth empowerment; youth participation; youth rights; unemployment; youth policy; and any other topic concerning youth.
1. What the Pool of Trainers does:
· Organises trainings on several topics related with youth.
· Facilitates youth events, seminars and conferences.
· Offers guidance and consultancy on youth topics, based on its member’s expertise.
· Supports and contributes to the development of programmes and policies on youth training in Cyprus.
· Contributes to the promotion and recognition of the non-formal education/ learning in Cyprus.
2. The ideal trainer has the following qualifications:
· Demonstrated activity in youth work for at least two (2) years.
· Has organised at least one (1) activity/ event for young people as a trainer and/or coordinator.
· Experience in Non-Formal Education/ Learning methods.
· Knowledge of the key youth policies on national, European, and international levels.
· Willingness to support the CYC and its member-organisations in their educational activities.
· A “spirit of volunteerism’, thereby willingness to offer actual support, even where resources are very limited or non-existent.
· Previous participation in a training for youth trainers, organised by recognised institutions (e.g. SALTO-YOUTH Training & Co-operation Resource Centre, Council of Europe Youth Forum, European Youth Forum, International Youth NGOs), will be considered an advantage.
For queries or clarifications, please contact:
CYC Secretary General 22878316/99081053, email@example.com