The Cyprus Youth Council (CYC) announces a new call for membership in its Pool of Trainers (PoT). Those interested, please fill the electronic form until November 5th, 2017.
The CYC PoT is mainly comprised of youth trainers from the CYC member-organizations, without a priori excluding the participation of other experienced trainers.
The members of the PoT have a strong background and experience in the area of the non-formal education/ learning, implemented by the youth non-governmental organizations (YNGOs). The trainers work with topics, such as: social inclusion; active citizenship; diversity; sports; entrepreneurship; volunteering; global education; sexual orientation; leadership; human rights; peace; environment; sustainable development; interculturality; youth capacity building; youth empowerment; youth participation; youth rights; unemployment; youth policy; and any other topic concerning youth.
- What the Pool of Trainers does?
- Organises trainings on several topics related with youth.
- Facilitates youth events, seminars and conferences.
- Offers guidance and consultancy on youth topics, based on its member’s expertise.
- Supports and contributes to the development of programmes and policies on youth training in Cyprus.
- Contributes to the promotion and recognition of the non-formal education/ learning in Cyprus.
- Trainers’ profile
- He/she is active in youth work for at least two (2) years.
- He/she has organised at least one (1) activity/ event for young people as a trainer and/or coordinator.
- He/she has experience on non-formal education/ learning methods.
- He/she has knowledge of the key youth policies on national, European, and international levels.
- He/she wishes to support the CYC and its member-organisations in educational activities.
- He/she possesses a “spirit of volunteerism’ and is therefore willing to offer actual support, even if there are very limited or non-existent resources.
- His/her previous participation in a training for youth trainers, organised by recognised institutions (e.g. SALTO-YOUTH Training & Co-operation Resource Centre, Council of Europe Youth Forum, European Youth Forum, International Youth NGOs), will be considered an advantage.
In case you have any questions, please contact:
Giorgos Polykarpou CYC Vice-President B & Member of the PoT 99578688