Yesterday (17/09), we met with the Cyprus Green Party under our #ΓίνεΗΑλλαγή (#BeTheChange) campaign.
Similar to all the meetings we hold with political parties under the campaign, we talked about ways of increasing youth participation in politics and safeguarding the labour rights of young people.
We also discussed about:
- The need to set up a framework for paid internships
- The problems that young people face in the housing market
- That the State and youth organisations must expand their operations to reach young people outside Nicosia
- The automatic registration of young people in the electoral system
- Ways to facilitate the entry of young people in the labour market
- The role of CYC as a policy-making body
- The effective use of EU funds by the State
- The EU Green Deal
- The consequences of the crises of the last 10 years on the mental health of young people
Mr. Charalambos Theopemptou – President and Ms. Maria Kola, represented the Cyprus Greens Party and the Young Greens at the meeting.
CYC was represented by: Antonis Kourras – President, Christiana Xenofontos – Vice President A’ and Marina Shiammouti – Programme Development Secretary.
Through the #ΓίνεΗΑλλαγή campaign, CYC aims to raise awareness among youth, on the benefits of political participation, in order to increase the number of young registered voters and youth voter turnout.