Yesterday (19/10) we met with the Citizens Alliance under our ##ΓίνεΗΑλλαγή (#BeTheChange) campaign.
We discussed with Mr. Yiorgos Lillikas, president of the party and Mr. Andreas Andreou, president of Youth Alliance, about the socioeconomic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic and the permanent changes it will bring to labour.
Specifically, we discussed about:
- The need to protect the labour rights of young people in light of the upcoming changes in the labour market
- Ways to boost the participation of young people in decision-making processes
- Our candidacy (christianaxenofontos.com) in the upcoming elections of the European Youth Forum (20-22/11)
- Ways to use the House of Youth Representatives to promote the views of young people to the state
- How to upgrade the current voter registration system to make it more accessible to young people
- The role of CYC as a policy-making body and as the representative of youth organisations to the state
- The strategic plan of CYC’s Board for 2020-2021
We would like to thank Mr. Lillikas and Mr. Andreou for accepting our invitation to meet.
Through the #ΓίνεΗΑλλαγή campaign, CYC aims to raise awareness among youth, on the benefits of political participation, in order to increase the number of young registered voters and youth voter turnout.