The Cyprus Youth Council (CYC) is recruiting a full-time Projects Officer with a fixed-term contract
to contribute to its work. The successful candidate will be based in CYC’s offices in Nicosia and he/she will contribute to the implementation of the general action plan of the CYC, including the coordination of the work of the “Annual Action Plan of EU Youth Dialogue” project.
The successful candidate will work for the CYC and will cooperate closely with the National Working Group of the EU Youth Dialogue as well as with the Youth Board of Cyprus (ONEK).
The Cyprus Youth Council & the EU Youth Dialogue
The Cyprus Youth Council (CYC) was established in 1996 and it is the only platform that represents Non-Governmental Youth Organizations in Cyprus. It acts as their coordinating body with the state and as a representative at European and International fora.
CYC’s members include the majority of political youth organizations, students’ organizations, labour organizations, civil society organizations, farmers’ organizations, Turkish-Cypriot organizations, religious minorities and many other organizations representing a broad spectrum of interests including social, human rights and environmental issues.
EU Youth Dialogue is a European process that aims at bringing together youth and policy makers to discuss and reach to joint conclusions on issues of mutual concern. You can learn more through our dedicated website www.eydcyprus.eu
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Coordinates the implementation of the annual action plan for ‘EU Youth Dialogue’.
- Drafts, develops and manages youth programmes (Erasmus+ & other EU funded projects, and projects financially sponsored by the Youth Board of Cyprus) for the Cyprus Youth Council.
- Represents the Cyprus Youth Council at conferences and events abroad (availability for frequent travels abroad required).
- Travels frequently in urban and rural areas in Cyprus for the purpose of the implementation of the annual action plan of the EU Youth Dialogue, and/or for the purpose of other projects.
- Monitors and reports on youth policy trends in the EU to all relevant stakeholders (young people, youth organizations, European Youth Forum).
- Monitors and reports to all stakeholders on EU policies.
- Facilitates the participation of all stakeholders in policy developments in the EU related to the EU Youth Dialogue process.
- She/he is Liaison between the EU Youth Dialogue process, stakeholders at local, national and international level (e.g. local Youth Councils, Cyprus Youth Board, European Steering Committee etc.).
- Transfers policy advice from the Cyprus Youth Council and the European Youth Forum towards policy makers in the field of youth in Cyprus.
- Maintains regular contact with the different actors in the field, including European Youth Forum’s Member Organizations, Cyprus Youth Council’s Member Organizations, the European Commission, and national authorities in charge of youth policy issues.
- Organizes, runs and takes part in international meetings and projects concerning the EU Youth Dialogue.
- Contributes to the organization of activities and of the EU Youth Dialogue with young people.
- Carries out research and draft reports for CYC.
- Drafts articles for CYC.
- Drafts newsletters/articles about CYC and EU Youth Dialogue.
- Availability to work on a flexible working hours’ schedule.
- Other tasks that could be assigned related to the Cyprus Youth Council.
- University degree in a related field of study – minimum equivalent of UK Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1) degree.
- A Master’s degree from a recognized institution in a related field of study will be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of the Greek Language – written and oral (proof will be required from shortlisted candidates).
- Very Good to Excellent knowledge of the English Language – written and oral (proof will be required from shortlisted candidates).
- Very Good knowledge of other EU languages and/or Turkish – written and oral – will be considered as an advantage (proof will be required from shortlisted candidates).
- One-year experience in European funded programmes is a prerequisite. Additional experience will be considered an advantage.
- An additional one year of experience in national funded programmes would be considered an advantage.
- Experience in the EU Youth Dialogue (former Structured Dialogue) project will be considered an advantage.
- Experience in youth organizations will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of ICTs skills (MS Office).
- The contract will be full time and lasting 18 months with the possibility of renewal (for another one or two years).
- The gross monthly salary of the position amounts to € 1500 and covers social insurances, 13th salary and GeSy.
- Annual leave: 21 days of paid leave.
Applicants must submit:
- A CV
- A cover letter expressing their interest and suitability for the role.
The application can either be submitted in English or Greek and it must be submitted via email at email@example.com no later than 21st of January 2021 (23:59 – Cyprus Local Time). Please include in the subject of the email the title “Projects Officer for the Cyprus Youth Council”.
Late applications will not be considered.
Due to the high number of applications usually received, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. If you do not receive any reply to your application by the 31st of January it means your application was not successful.
Candidates who will be selected for the next stage of the process will be invited for a personal interview. Due to current state ordinances regarding the coronavirus pandemic, personal interviews will be conducted online.
The recruitment of the person who will be selected is expected to take place on 01/02/2021.
The person selected for the position of the Program Officer must provide a clear criminal record certificate.
The Cyprus Youth Council is committed to ensuring that no candidate for the position is treated less favorably because of race, color, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness. Applicants are kindly requested to avoid any telephone contact, except for clarifications regarding this notice, which should preferably be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with notification to the email address to email@example.com